Senior Account Manager
The Senior Account Manager (Sr. AM) will be responsible for the day-to-day servicing of client accounts. This will include implementational planning and buying and, as required, strategic planning, pre-and post-campaign reporting, financial administration, et al. Team management of growing AMs and AEs is vital to success, along with comprehensive understanding of all media channels and strong confidence in leading client briefs and campaigns through execution.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- The Sr. AM will provide expert media advice to clients, ensuring the highest standards of planning and buying are routinely delivered
- The Sr. AM will be thorough and deliberate in all instances and will maintain the highest standard for accuracy and quality of work
- Implementational planning and buying
- Pre/post campaign reporting
- Competitive analysis
- Champion role
- Media expertise (understanding and applications)
- Account administration
- Other duties as required by the Account Director
- Client marketing teams
- DWA network
- Media owners
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5-7 years of agency experience
- Digital planning comprehension a must
- Management experience a plus
- Very strong account management skills, and ability to lead client conversations
- An excellent client scorecard
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Capable of serving as a DWA ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
- Ability to properly delegate tasks to staff to ensure appropriate utilization
- Understand and demonstrate commercial acumen with client scoping, staffing and profitability
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, planning tools)
- Strong analytic skills, ability to relate results to client business objectives and make them understandable to clients
- Ability to maintain and negotiate client and publisher relationships
- Motivation to participate in staff management and larger agency development
- B2B understanding favourable
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
About DWA London:
Our London office based in Farringdon is a team of 40 awesome people. We have daily replenished fruit bowls, a wide choice of breakfast cereals, canned soft drinks, a fancy coffee machine, and it would be rude not to mention our well-stocked beer/gin/bubbles-fridge!
Across the year we really do embrace the ‘Play Hard’. For our summer party last year, we took 2 nights away near Chichester, spending the day surfing and paddle-boarding. Christmas was celebrated in Shoreditch, and there are also regular ‘Out of the Box’ social events which can be anything from visiting a museum to rounders in a park. We also love to connect on a global level with our colleagues from around the world. It sounds cliché but we really are one big happy family.