Senior Paid Social Manager
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing.
Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking.
We’re looking for a Senior Paid Social Account Manager, responsible for leading a group of 8 Social experts. As a Senior Social Manager, you are an expert in paid social and can bring innovative social solutions to our clients. Your responsibilities include building and growing strong senior-level client relationships, providing strategic direction to the team, maintaining the financial health of your accounts, scoping projects and developing staff. Together with the Head of Search & Social, you will move the Paid Social specialism forward and in line with our agency vision, both internally across the wider network and externally with clients & industry peers.
Life as a Senior Paid Social Manager at DWA
- Lead quarterly business review meetings as well as other senior-level client meetings and presentations.
- Manage, train, and develop the team of account managers & executives.
- Monitor account profitability and ensure accurate billing and forecasting to ensure the financial health of the accounts.
- Participate in establishing business plan objectives with the Head of Search & Social and determine process & best practice guidelines.
- Actively generate case studies to showcase DWA’s work.
- Interview applicants for available positions and recommend selection, promotion, discipline and related personnel actions.
- Own the relationship with our senior client stakeholders aiming for high client satisfaction and retention. Truly understand our clients brand and the B2B industry.
- Own the collaborative relationship with other agencies and platform partners.
- Work with the Head of Search & Social to recognise new service and growth opportunities.
- Accountable for thought leadership activity both with the client and internally, putting forward new topics of interest and championing creative strategic thinking.
- Ensure effective communication across internal teams and across the client & platform partners.
- Extensive experience managing paid social campaigns across multiple platforms, with a focus on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook.
- Ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems in a client-centric environment.
- Ability to nurture and retain client relationships & understand how Paid Social can feed into wider business goals.
- Strong managerial experience, including experience developing and mentoring a team.
- Experience working with financial data and budgets.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other agency capabilities to meet common goals.
- Experience of collaborating with senior level stakeholders both internally and externally.
- B2B experience is a plus.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, Private Medical and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.