Senior Client Director
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing.
Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking.
The Senior Client Director acts as the lead across selected key DWA B2B clients, operating as a team leader, setting the strategic tone and delivering end-to-end media campaigns together with the team. Operating within the Executive Team this role will be responsible for developing and implementing new products and services, within the media, consulting and analytics disciplines.
Taking responsibility for the P&L across their account teams, supporting the Client Services Director and Managing Director with office-wide forecasting and fiscal management. They will be setting an example for the entire team through client leadership brilliance, media execution, strategic insights and operational efficiency knowledge. Acting as a thought leader within the industry, positioning DWA and the wider Merkle group as a world-class data driven marketing and media agency.
Life as a Senior Client Director at DWA
- You will take a leadership role across multiple client account teams, identifying new growth opportunities within client sets, championing DWA and the wider Merkle group both internally and externally. Building and maintaining strategic relationships with both key clients and vendors at the C-suite level.
- Educating and developing your selected client’s approach to media, marketing and sales and how DWA are in best position to contribute to client’s overall objectives.
- Fostering strong account direction within the wider team, implementing clear account management, process and quality of implementation. Constantly strive for media excellence; whether it’s output in planning expertise or operational excellence.
- Working with selected clients on developing strategic planning. Efficiently translating client business challenges and marketing goals to media specific deliverables.
- Supporting and working together the Account Managers and Directors to deliver best in class media planning, reporting, analytics and support functions. Weaving the planning processes to the wider media landscape, competitor set and client product specific requirements. Increasing team knowledge and understanding on all media channels, especially in digital.
- Mentor, develop and support Account Directors with managing account health; including resolving client issues and handling challenging client conversations where appropriate.
- With support from the Client Director’s, you will be responsible for the growth of their client accounts within DWA.
- You will also be responsible for leading and delivering wider projects as required, including but not limited to DWA product development, industry positioning, award entries and representing DWA at external events.
- A strategic team leader, exceptional leadership skills & management experience, demonstrated through staff development and implementation of exemplary processes.
- Focused client leader, ability to interact with senior clients, demonstrated ownership of client relationships and delivery.
- A person with a pro-active attitude who isn’t afraid to get stuck in. Excellent knowledge of media planning and the supporting operations and ability to pick up tasks as needed.
- Leadership of department/agency initiatives, and product recommendations.
- Excellent track record of maintaining multiple client engagements at once and growing client business.
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with clients of senior levels.
- Stay on top of business and client concerns to head off issues.
- Strong commercial acumen. Lead client scoping, staffing and profitability across multiple account teams.
- Excellent track record of driving client growth, and diversification into multiple products and services.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.