The programmatic team is an integral part of the integrated performance and media team and works to execute strategies for clients. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with programmatic media buying or ad operations. The Programmatic Manager will report to the Head of Programmatic.
Life as a Programmatic Manager at DWA:
- Drive agency strategy around programmatic buying through technology platforms
- Evaluate and recommend current and potential technology partners
- Champion and drive DWA best practices
- Manage, train and share knowledge between immediate programmatic team and cross-team synergy
- Maintain a high level of campaign reporting to senior management
- Highlight departmental training requirements
- Setup, manage and optimise different types of programmatic inventory via multiple Demand Side Platforms
- Maintain relationships with programmatic vendors
- Manage costs incurred and revenue generated from buying platforms, including billing hygiene
- Manage and lead members of the programmatic buying team
- Produce and present engaging campaign analysis for clients, demonstrating the effectiveness of planning, testing and media optimisation and management
- Provide insight and guidance to members of the integrated media team
- Maintain and stay current with industry news and research
- Regularly offer advice or challenge briefs to improve the clients' results
A Few of the Benefits:
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will, too.
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools, with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, Private Medical and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
What We Are Looking For:
- BA or BS Degree, preferably in a mathematical/statistical field
- 2-4 years of experience in programmatic trading, ideally someone who has 2+ years of trading experience with DBM or The Trade Desk.
- Management and training experience of traders
- Ability to multitask, detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PPT) and ability to adapt to/learn new technologies
- Strong understanding of media activity beyond programmatic on client accounts, including core media, search and social
- Creative and contributes to brainstorming/strategy sessions
- Positive, professional, enthusiastic, and team-oriented attitude
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: DV360, The Trade Desk, DataXu, MediaMath
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with ten additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific, employing 300+ employees globally.
In December 2017, we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds. Locally, we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network, meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of "work hard, play hard" and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
To apply for this role, please click the "apply now" button, where you will be redirected to our careers site to complete a few further details.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK, as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only, and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our diversity and inclusion agenda, and as an equal opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process, please engage directly with your recruiter.