Paid Social Media Manager
DWA is a data-driven media planning and buying agency. We cater specifically to the Tech sector and work with some of the world’s biggest players in the category. Several recent new business wins have sparked the hunt for new talent. Our clients are sophisticated and have interesting challenges that require creative thinking, that extends far beyond media reach and frequency.
We’re looking for a social media manager looking to propel their career by joining an awesome team of switched-on media professionals, working on big brands with interesting challenges and sophisticated marketers.
The agency has a great culture, with all the typical industry perks. We work hard, and we balance that with a rounded approach to health and wellbeing. Each month we come together over a buffet breakfast and get inspired with a team cultural outing.
Also, to note - DWA is a part of Merkle, the world’s leading data-driven performance agency. This means you’ll be exposed to best in class technology solutions and platforms, and be able to deliver client work that is truly cutting edge.
About the role:
Working with the digital team, the social media manager plans paid and organic social media advertising and provides strategic consulting services to our clients. The Social Media Manager is a senior member of the team who works with the Digital Account Director to ensure campaign and client success.
To qualify for this role, you should:
- HAVE 3-5 years’ experience in an agency paid social role and be an expert in set up and running Facebook and LinkedIn campaigns
- BE organised and work with clients to manage competing priorities, as well as being able to manage direct reports and guide their professional development
- BE detail orientated. You’ll be working across big clients with complex product structures and campaign set ups. Naming conventions, trafficking processes and audience targeting packs must be followed to the letter
- To excel in this role, you should –
- BE naturally curious. Delivering great media work requires divergent thinking, influenced by a wide variety of sources.
- BE a problem solver. You’ll encounter numerous challenges in the role that will require an entrepreneurial approach. Easy answers to complicated briefs won’t often present themselves. Resources and time may be limited.
- HAVE a strong point of view. You’ll be employed for your media expertise and informed opinion.
- Develop and manage key client and DWA relationships across the APJ region and globally
- Create, implement, track, analyse and optimise paid social advertising campaigns in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Lead social advertising capabilities in new business proposals
- Provide weekly reports on assigned clients to management team
- Conduct recurring weekly and monthly social media advertising analysis and campaign optimisations
- Provide guidance and support to junior team member on the day-to-day management of campaigns and new paid social opportunities
- Measure and evaluate success of social media advertising campaigns to inform investment decisions
- Collaborate across digital team in Sydney, APAC and globally to integrate media, search and social campaigns with shared learnings and best practice
- Perform regular quality assurance/quality control checks on assigned client campaigns to ensure they are running as contracted
- Stay up to date with new social trends and test beta products for strategic accounts
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor level degree (marketing or media preferred)
- Certifications: Google Analytics or Adobe SiteCat preferred. Facebook Blueprint
- 3-5 years of work experience in paid social media advertising
- Experience in management of direct reports
- Extensive in-platform experience with Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn advertising
- Proficiency in Excel is a must
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in social media and performance advertising
- Experience with 3rd party campaign social management platforms like SocialMoov, Social.com and 4C
- Experience with social listening tools e.g. Sysomos, BrandWatch etc.
- Verbal and written client-facing experience