Associate Search Director
DWA is looking for a motivated individual to join our Boston team as an Associate Search Director. In this leadership-level position, you will work closely with cross-discipline client account teams in meeting and exceeding client goals. You will have direct responsibility for, as well as manage teams in, the daily execution of search engine marketing (SEM, PPC) campaigns across several clients.
The Associate Search Director will participate in all aspects of executing high profile and complex clients’ search media campaigns, including initial planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting. The Associate Search Director will also be responsible for training and managing a team of SEM Program Managers and SEM Analysts in delivering industry-leading search media campaigns.
- Provide leadership in structuring effective and innovative search strategies, which drive optimal campaign performance and provide a competitive edge in the marketplace for our clients
- Develop search media plans (research, targeting, budget allocation, forecasting, and network distribution) and build effective relationships with all vendors
- Analyze performance data and provide intelligent synthesis, interpretation and appropriate action plans based on conclusions
- Lead by example and ensure the team is presenting actionable recommendations, communicating through presentations and key strategic deliverables
- Persuasively drive recommendations within clients’ organization, developing and articulating clear business cases, complete with risk assessment and justifiable ROI
- Stay up to date on and advise clients and internal teams on the latest trends in search marketing, seeking ways in which to test and implement within accounts
- Understand the role paid search plays in a larger marketing strategy. Make search-specific recommendations that fit into cross-channel campaigns.
- Manage a team of SEM Program Managers and SEM Analysts in executing search media campaigns
- Participate in training efforts, working with departmental leaders to identify needs, prioritize efforts, and contribute to the development of trainings
- B.A/B.S. degree required; Marketing, Business, Information Sciences, or Economics degree preferred
- 5+ years of paid search marketing experience, with 2+ years of team management experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience with senior executive client relationships
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, with proven problem-solving capabilities; skillful at assessing disparate data, drawing conclusions, and taking appropriate action
- Adept at managing and mentoring a team, preferably in an agency environment
- Adept at managing client expectations as they relate to scope of service and delivery of service
- Successful management of large scale, multi-faceted projects with dynamic timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Articulate and effective communication skills
- Experience developing and delivering presentations with actionable insights and the ability to influence the decision-making process
- Confident and action oriented, with a keen ability to create, lead and develop business programs across multiple functions with many stakeholders