Account Manager (Media Planning & Buying)
DWA is data-driven media planning and buying agency. We cater specifically to the Tech sector and work with some of the world’s biggest players in the category. Several recent new business wins have sparked the hunt for new talent. Our clients are sophisticated and have interesting challenges that require creative thinking, which extends far beyond media reach and frequency.
We’re looking for an Account Manager keen to propel their career by joining an awesome team of switched-on media professionals, working on big brands with interesting challenges and sophisticated marketers.
The agency has a great culture, with all the typical industry perks. We work hard, and we balance that with a rounded approach to health and well-being. Each month we come together over a buffet breakfast and get inspired with a team cultural outing.
Also, to note - DWA is a part of Merkle, the world’s leading data-driven performance agency. This means you’ll be exposed to best in class technology solutions and platforms and be able to deliver client work that is truly cutting edge.
About the role:
As the Account Manager, you will be responsible for the effectiveness of the relationship between agency and client, the quality of deliverables and the management and growth of the clients allocated to your team. You will be the account lead for one of DWA’s largest global clients, responsible for client relationships, liaising with DWA London, Munich, San Francisco, and Sydney account teams to ensure performance consistencies and global account growth.
To qualify for this role, you should:
- HAVE 5+ years’ experience in a media agency role.
- BE organised and work with clients to manage competing priorities.
- BE detail orientated. You’ll be working across big clients with complex campaign setups
To excel in this role, you should:
- BE naturally curious. Delivering great media work requires divergent thinking, influenced by a wide variety of sources.
- BE a problem solver. You’ll encounter numerous challenges in the role that will require an entrepreneurial approach. Easy answers to complicated briefs won’t often present themselves. Resources and time may be limited.
- HAVE a strong point of view. You’ll be employed for your media expertise and informed opinion.
- Lead a group of client accounts as a profitable business within the agency. This equates to both management and growth.
- Build trust of your clients and be the Senior ‘go to’ person for them.
- Lead the development of strategy, planning and buying across a variety of media channels and work hand in hand with the Digital Account Director for performance related buying.
- To lead, motivate and mentor your team, driving development growth within it.
- Client facing role (meetings, presentations).
- Provide strategic recommendations to meet both client’s business and campaign objectives.
- Ensure that your team adheres to agency best practice and plays a significant part in developing that best practice. This will include overseeing campaigns and ensuring that clients receive the correct level of reporting at all times.
- Analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to continually improve results.
- Develop and present agency work in a clear and persuasive way.
- Maintain relationship with key strategic partners (client-side and agency-side).
- Engage in scope of work negotiations with existing clients when required.
- Provide financial reporting (including forecasting) on client performance to the management team.
- Partner with new business team on incoming pitches/briefs and delivering pitch when required.
- Lead inter-agency relationship for main client HQ in San Francisco; responsible for overseeing global performance, communication and process and being central contact for client.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor level degree (marketing or media preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience working across multiple clients (technology/B2B client knowledge preferred)
- You will have the ability to analyse a client’s business issues and obtain their trust in helping with them. You will be able to suggest strategic and tactical solutions to reaching their objectives.
- You need to understand it all: online, offline, broadcast, narrowcast, brand, direct and lead gen. You should understand how it all can be integrated and be looking to bring superior ideas/solutions to client briefs
- You should be well versed in digital solutions in particular and have a grounded knowledge of the various types of trading and measurement to ensure that DWA stays ahead of the wider market.
- You should be abreast of industry and marketplace trends and have the ability to educate and discuss with external peers.
- You will be robust in your recommendations when you know what’s right, yet not be afraid to try new things. You will enjoy helping clients get the most from their media campaigns.
- When it comes to business practices, you should be wise to how things should be done and have a good understanding of the importance of forecasting, financial rigor and different compensation needs
- You will have experience in managing a team and being responsible for their development