Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing.
Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking.
The Account Director will be responsible for leading the strategy across key client accounts within their portfolio. Taking a leadership role, this role will demonstrate strong account direction identifying and developing new growth opportunities.
Leading a small team this role will have a lot of autonomy take ownership over the P&L for their client set as well as assist with ad hoc new business projects. Supported by Merkle, DWA continues to grow within the B2B sector recently winning some of the world’s largest technology giants.
Life as an Account Director at DWA, a Merkle company
- Acting in partnership with key clients this role will oversee and manage campaigns, including oversight and development of strategy. Processing a dynamic presence in presentations and other forms of client communication.
- Supporting and mentoring the Account Executives and Account Managers in delivering all campaign planning and implementation.
- Training the Managers and Execs as well as supporting their growth within the team. Managing their training schedule for both internal & external training opportunities.
- Responsible for understanding account profitability, scoping and staffing, and account forecasting. As well as drafting all Scope of Work documents for account campaigns and projects.
- Be a part of internal DWA reporting & analytics conversations, making recommendations of new technologies/abilities which could be relevant for the DWA tech stack.
- Lead senior vendor relationships, understanding of all associated rates and margin, negotiate preferred rates and maintain a partnership role in testing/access to new products and capabilities.
- Link insights to recommendations, optimizations and expansion of client activity.
- Take the initiative for assisting the management team with wider projects as required, including but not limited to DWA product development, industry positioning, award entries and representing DWA at external events.
- A successful candidate will have significant direct experience within a client facing role within online Media of at least 3-5 years within a client focused role.
- Experience in leading and developing staff and training programmers.
- Excellent track record of maintaining multiple client engagements at once and presenting growth opportunities to management.
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with clients of mid to senior levels.
- Capable of serving as a DWA ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios.
- Established relationships with site technology partners, external agencies & clients alike.
- Understand and demonstrate commercial acumen with client scoping, staffing and profitability.
- Understanding of revenue to staffing relationship and motivation to improve metrics
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, Private Medical and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.