From September 2016 to March 2017, DWA ran a holistic branding campaign for the multinational networking hardware technology company Cisco. Media included out-of-home placements, digital, and television placements targeted to IT, business, and C-suite decision makers in multiple Asian cities.
Cisco wished to position their brand as a technology partner leading the world’s connectivity. To do this, they enlisted DWA to bring its customer stories to life. The client’s “There’s Never Been a Better Time” campaign aimed to shift the industry’s perception of the 30-year-old company to a partner helping businesses undergo digital transformation.
Success was measured against digital benchmarks for impressions, clicks, page visits and social media engagements, as well as against performance from the client’s 2014 branding campaign, which had double the budget.
This campaign included a mix of online and offline media, including the inaugural advertisement on Singapore’s Changi Airport’s Digital Mural and a placement on the world’s largest high definition video wall, Singapore’s Suntec Exhibition and Convention Centre. A bespoke content series with BBC bolstered Cisco’s reputation as a leader of digital transformation in ASEAN.
Other media included:
- OOH placements in Bangkok and Jakarta, including train and bus wraps and airport billboards
- Digital executions across display, video, and social
- Content amplification through content marketing platform Outbrain
- Television spots on local BBC stations
- A content campaign in partnership with BBC, featuring a customized digital content series called “The Future is Now”:
- 2 X 3 minute video films featuring Cisco executives and customers from across the ASEAN region, complemented by 3 text articles that highlighted the client’s contributions to cities, communities, and customers
- This content was supported by a robust digital media campaign and an exclusive editorial sponsorship of the flagship BBC World News morning show, “Asia Business Report”
The campaign improved performance from the client’s 2014 branding campaign by the following margins:
- 62% increase in clicks
- 78% increase in site visits
- 141% improvement in CTR performance
- 3.7x lower CPCs