NetApp, an international cloud services and data management company, sought to generate brand awareness among key stakeholders within identified business accounts. The campaign ran from mid-August to early November 2019 and was measured by a mix of account penetration percentage, site visits, and site engagement rates.
Merkle | DWA created a multi-channel media plan which aimed to generate multiple touchpoints throughout the day of IT decision-makers (ITDMs), placing NetApp at the forefront of target customers’ minds.
NetApp pushed advertising boundaries beyond its historically preferred tactics, such as paid search, paid social, and programmatic, by introducing premium digital partnerships with endemic publications as well as new out-of-home (OOH) tactics into its media mix. Endemic partnerships included dynamic creative and custom high-impact units on sites frequented by NetApp’s target accounts, and in OOH locations with business traveler traffic.
Keys to Success:
- Stationed taxis outside conferences in which NetApp gave free rides to attendees
- Launched airport Wi-Fi sponsorships targeting business travelers, reminding them that NetApp supports their business needs. This support ranges from providing free Wi-Fi so IT decision-makers)can stay connected to work when traveling, to larger solutions such as data storage
- Consolidated NetApp’s programmatic partners under one demand-side platform (DSP) to drive further efficiency in terms of reach and cost per visit
- 95% of all site visits on NetApp’s Data Visionary landing page (the campaign’s main landing page)
- 86% of all video views on the Data Visionary page, with a total of 7,463 minutes of engagement on site
- 88% of companies on the target account list; drove 68% of those companies to visit NetApp’s site