Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Associate
DWA is a global media and marketing agency for technology companies. With its feet in media and its head in data and analytics, DWA has a fascination with the art and science of engaging people. That’s why you’ll find us at the intersection where media, technology and strategic marketing meet. Operating from eight offices around the globe covering North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific, DWA offers a range of programs such as programmatic media, marketing automation, account-based marketing and content marketing consulting - all for over 150 of the world’s best technology companies, including Lenovo, Akamai, Red Hat and more.
Who We Are:
As people, we like to have fun and not take life too seriously. We are a fairly small group, so personality fit is a huge thing for us. Because, let’s be real - you spend more time with your co-workers than your family, so we better like each other! Humor is important, as well as a good attitude. Teamwork and helping each other are essential to us. We believe in pushing ourselves outside of our comfort zones. You can make what you want out of your experience here and take it as far as you envision.
About the Role:
The Search Engine Marketing (SEM) team manages biddable media including SEM/PPC, display/GDN, and remarketing. The SEM Associate is a key support role that works closely with SEM Program Managers to ensure campaign and client success.
What We’re Looking for in a Teammate:
- Is curious, iterative, and collaborative
- Cares about winning as one team
- An eye for detail and thorough approach
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Candidate must be fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Create, implement, track, analyze and optimize paid search campaigns in Google AdWords, Bing AdCenter, 3rd party SEM Platforms and other search engines
- Conduct recurring weekly and monthly SEM optimization tasks (i.e. Keyword Expansion, Ad Testing, Negative Management, etc.)
- Provide consistent and effective support to SEM Program Managers on day-to-day management of campaigns and new SEM opportunities
- Measure and evaluate success of SEM campaigns to inform investment decisions
- Deliver analysis and insights that help teams optimize SEM programs
- Provide ongoing and ad hoc analytical support to SEM program managers
- Maintain and create Marketing's KPI Dashboards
- Perform regular quality assurance/quality control checks on assigned client campaigns to ensure they are running as contracted
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, or Mathematics preferred
- Certifications: Google AdWords Fundamentals, Search Advanced, Display, and Marin. Certifications are not required but must have while employed with DWA Media.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in search marketing, digital marketing, and/or another highly quantitative, analytical, and results-driven environment.
- Experience with Google AdWords and Bing AdCenter mandatory
- Proficiency in Excel is a must
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEM and performance advertising
- Experience with 3rd party campaign management platforms like Marin Software is a plus